On this page, we have answered some commonly asked questions regarding our dental emergencies service. If you have any additional concerns, please feel free to contact our team at our Kansas City, MO dentist office. We look forward to hearing from you.
Identifying a dental emergency
A dental emergency can be difficult to identify. When exactly should you call the dentist? We are here right now to make it easy for you! If you experience any of the following situations, please contact our office immediately to schedule your emergency appointment:
- Severely damaged tooth
- Missing tooth
- Tissue injury (tongue, cheek, lip, gums, etc.)
- Any situation involving severe dental pain
- Any situation in which the life of your tooth is in danger
Know what to do in a dental emergency
There are a few things you should do once you have identified a dental emergency. Please follow these steps to best ensure a positive outcome for the situation:
- Stop any bleeding. If bleeding will not stop within a reasonable time period, get to an emergency room.
- Secure any tooth fragments. Place in a glass of milk to keep them hydrated.
- Try to replace any missing teeth. Rinse the tooth of debris and gently attempt to put it back into the socket. Do not touch the root of the tooth for any reason.
- Call our office immediately. We can offer additional advice specific to your situation and help you schedule an emergency appointment. We offer same-day emergency care for both new and existing patients, and night and weekend care for existing patients.
- Get to your emergency appointment.
When you call our office during normal business hours, a member of our team will be available for advice, questions, and booking your emergency visit. If you catch us after hours, Dr. Stiver will be paged. We will get you the help you need!
Dental emergency treatment options
In the case of a dental emergency, we offer a variety of options to make you more comfortable and treat your problem. We offer dental sedation for your comfort, root canal therapy to eradicate infections, dental implants, bridges, and dentures to replace missing teeth, and more. Please speak to our team to determine how we can treat your particular problem.
Make a non-emergency appointment
The process for making an emergency and non-emergency appointment is virtually the same. The fastest way to reach our team is to call us at 816-399-5539. This is the most efficient way to get in touch with us, especially in the case of an emergency.
If you are not experiencing a dental emergency but still want to make an appointment, you can also send us a message using our online contact form. Just fill it out, click submit, and a member of our team will get back with you as soon as possible.
Regardless of your situation, our team is here for you! Reach out to Dental Care Center of South Kansas City for all of your dental care needs!
- Allison P.VIEW MORE PATIENT TESTIMONIALS